Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence of dentinal hypersensitivity and common contributing factors.
- Explain the hydrodynamic theory, widely accepted as the cause for dentinal sensitivity.
- Discuss common diagnostic tools.
- List common ingredients used in at-home and in-office desensitizing products.
- Discuss the mode of action of common ingredients.
- Discuss the clinical evidence behind common treatment approaches including in-office treatments.