Upon the completion of this course, the dental professional will be able to:
- Define Evidence-Based Medicine/Practice.
- Define Evidence-based Decision Making and its purpose.
- Explain why evidence-based practice is not just a new term for an old concept.
- Identify two principles of EBDM.
- Discuss the need for EBDM.
- Identify the levels of evidence and premise upon which they are based.
- Describe the 5 steps and skills necessary for EBDM.
- Formulate a good question using the PICO process.
- Discuss the benefits of EBDM.