Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Define local anaesthesia and the properties of local anaesthetic agents.
- Calculate appropriate child weight dosages of topical and injectable local anaesthetic agents.
- List contraindications for local anaesthesia.
- Discuss drug-to-drug interactions.
- Explain medical considerations in administering local anaesthetic agents.
- List armamentarium for local anaesthesia administration.
- Describe preparation of the paediatric patient prior to injection.
- Describe techniques for block, infiltration, palatal, and intraligamentary anaesthesia.
- Manage local anaesthesia complications.