Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Define what is meant by the Baby Boomer Generation.
- Describe the changing demographics of this aging population cohort worldwide.
- Discuss the changing oral health needs of this new group of older adults.
- Discuss how the overall health of the Baby Boomer can impact their oral health needs and how oral health is related to systemic health.
- Identify risks that oral health issues may impose on the overall health of the Baby Boomer and on the healthcare system.
- Discuss access to care issues for this growing group of older adults.
- Discuss issues facing institutionalized older adults.
- Identify oral health interventions that have had positive effects on both oral and systemic health based on current evidence.
- Develop treatment recommendations for the aging Baby Boomer.