Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss the various types of materials used in aesthetic restorations.
- Describe the possible damaging effects of routine preventive procedures and the effect of increased bacterial retention.
- Determine appropriate polishing agents for aesthetic restorations.
- Evaluate existing amalgam restorations for contraindications to amalgam polishing procedures.
- Recognise that individual state practice acts for dental auxiliaries to perform finishing and polishing procedures may vary.