Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Explain the difference between whitening and bleaching.
- Discuss the etiology of intrinsic and extrinsic stains.
- Identify indications and contraindications for bleaching.
- Discuss the 4 categories of whitening options.
- Discuss the pros and cons for each of the 4 categories of whitening options.
- Discuss the possible side-effects of bleaching.
- Given case scenarios, apply criteria in determining whether candidates qualify for bleaching.