- Brunette DM. Causation, association and oral health- systemic disease connections. In: The Oral-Systemic Health Connection. Ed. Michael Glick, 2014:13-26. Quintessence Publishing Co, Inc. Chicago.
- Hill AB. The environment and disease: association or causation? Proc R Soc Med. 1965 May;58:295-300.
- Hume D. An Enquiry concerning human understanding, section 7 (1772). Accessed October 8, 2018.
- Mill JS. Of the four methods of experimental inquiry. In: A System of Logic, Ratiocinative and Inductive. Project Gutenberg, 2009:478-503. Accessed October 8, 2018.
- Lockhart PB, Bolger AF, Papapanou PN, et al. Periodontal disease and atherosclerotic vascular disease: does the evidence support an independent association?: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2012 May 22;125(20):2520-44. doi: 10.1161/CIR.0b013e31825719f3. Epub 2012 Apr 18.
- ADA. AHA announcement. April 18, 2012.
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP). Periodontal Disease Linked to Cardiovascular Disease., Accessed October 8, 2018.
- Sackett DL. Clinical Epidemiology: A Basic Science for Clinical Medicine, ed 2. Boston: Little Brown, 1991.
- No Additional Resources Available