Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand why hidden sugars are a risk for health.
- Define terms used on a food label to identify hidden sugars.
- Discuss the health implications relating to refined carbohydrate intake.
- List food products that contain the highest amount of hidden sugars and better alternatives.
- Practice reading the new food label to identify hidden sugars.
- Apply approaches to reduce hidden sugar intake.
- Describe current research and trends relating to carbohydrates and health.
- Evaluate carbohydrates effect on blood glucose levels using the glycaemic Index.