- Which two nutrients have been added to the new food label?
- One teaspoon of sugar equals?
- How many sugars can you identify in the ingredient list below?
|Ingredients: unbleached wheat flour, sucrose, soybeans, fructose, garlic, chicken, mannitol, water, corn syrup, xylitol, lactic acid, potassium carbonate, starch, molasses, natural flavors.
- The average sweetened beverage contains roughly 150 calories and _______ teaspoons of sugar.
- Many “low-fat” versions of snack foods tend to be higher in sugar. Sugar-free foods that contain artificial sweeteners may send a confusing message to the brain and cause overeating.
- When an individual consumes refined sugar, the excess can increase levels of pro-inflammatory messengers called _______________.
- All of the following are changes to the new food label EXCEPT?
- Which of the following condiments have the lowest amount of added sugars?
- Which of the following marketing labels would most likely have the least amount of added sugars?
- The ingredient list on the new food label will contain all of the following EXCEPT?
- Added sugars in foods rather than the fat in our diet may cause major contributing health risk. Refined sugars cause type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- The WHO recommendations limits for daily sugar intake includes ____ teaspoons for women, _____ teaspoons for men, and _____ teaspoons for children.
- Which of the following foods have little effect on blood glucose levels and are considered a low-glycaemic index choice?