Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of the oral microbiome.
- Discuss the difference between the role of the oral microbiome in oral and systemic homeostasis.
- List the positive and negative influences that are exerted on the oral microbiome.
- Discuss four diseases that may be correlated to disease in the oral cavity.
- Explain diagnostic methods that are available for microbiome analysis.
- Differentiate between the interventions that are available for prevention and treatment.